Hello everybody! Here is the exercise on indirect questions (question formation photocopy, page 160, exercise b)
1. Could you tell me where the toilets are?
2. Do you know why Sarah didn´t come to the wedding?
3. Do you know if that tall woman over there is Claire´s mother?
4. Do you remember what Molly´s husband does?
5. Do you have any idea where I can get a taxi after midnight?
6. Do you remember if Claire´s sister got married here?
7. Do you think they will be happy?
8. Do you know where they put our coats?
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Hi Vanesa!
ResponderEliminarI have a question:
In the sentence number two, could be "Do you Know why not...?" or is important write the auxiliary?
So I thought that when you change the verb - the present to the past", wasn't necessary put the auxiliary.
I don't know very well when i can use the auxiliary, the verb in the past...
Thanks Vanesa!!
Ah! Sorry for my expression, but i am trying to improve my english, that's horrible! jejeje
See u soon!
Hi, Mercè!!
ResponderEliminarThanks for your question!! actually, I´ve realised there was a mistake in the sentence that I´ve just corrected!!
Regarding your question: Yes, WE NEED AN AUXILIARY!!! Why? because it is a complete negative sentece with subject, verb and complements SO IT NEEDS AN AUXILIARY!. Questions and negative sentences need auxiliaries (except if we have subject questions or modal verbs).
Hope it is clear. I´ll go through it again tomorrow in class.
Thank you for using English!!! keep on trying!!
See you tomorrow!
OOhhh, it's true! the QUASI!!! ¬¬ jejeje
ResponderEliminarOk, thanks!! ;)